From our FJ National Brands Test Kitchen, we have found the best pot-brownie recipe. The treat is courtesy of Denver’s Sweet Grass Kitchen, one of Colorado’s largest distributors of cannabis-infused edibles, and winner of last year’s People’s Choice for “Best Edible Products” at the Cannabis Business Awards.
THE BEST POT-BROWNIE RECIPE
Total Time: 45 minutes
Yield: 12 servings (5-10mg each)
• 7 ½ tablespoons (3 ¾ ounces) unsalted butter
• 1 ½ teaspoon (1/4 ounce) cannabutter
• 6 ounces dark chocolate, 60-70% cacao
• 1 cup all-purpose flour
• 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
• 2 large eggs, at room temperature
• 1 cup sugar
• 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
• 1/4 teaspoon salt
• Preheat oven to 350℉. Grease an 8-inch square cake pan with butter or cooking spray; set aside.
• Melt butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Stir in chocolate until combined and smooth. Remove from heat and allow to cool for 5 minutes.
• In a small bowl, whisk together flour and baking powder.
• In a large bowl, whisk together eggs, sugar, vanilla, and salt until fluffy and light yellow. Add chocolate mixture and mix until combined. Add flour mixture and mix until combined.
• Pour into greased pan and bake for 20-25 minutes, or until the edges pull away from the pan and the top has an even, shiny crust. Let cool for 20 minutes.
• Cut into 12 even pieces. Serve warm (can be stored in an airtight container at room temperature for one week or in the refrigerator for up to a month).
Embrace 2019 with the spirit of giving without the thought of getting. Discard the meaningless and stress the true value of family and friends. Enjoy the homemade pot-brownie with goodness in your heart.